A New Future for Fortis Living
We have an exciting opportunity to create a new not-for-profit housing group by Fortis Living and Waterloo Housing Group joining together.
The new Housing Group will own and manage around 45,000 homes and look after 120,000 customers across the Midlands and Central England.
Fortis Living will continue to be your landlord from its local base in Worcester. It will continue to be a not-for-profit housing association and to reinvest all surpluses into local homes and services.
We know you will be wondering how the partnership will affect you. The questions answered here may help.
More about the partnership
By joining together we will be able to:
- Build more much-needed affordable homes – around 2,000 each year within 5 years
- Improve the quality and range of local services – including community development initiatives
- Improve our repairs and maintenance service – we will reinvest at £50 million a year into our existing homes
- Invest more in digital services – including our customer portal and other online services.
- Be stronger and better able to meet any financial or economic challenges – we will also have greater influence for our customers and communities locally, regionally and nationally.
If all goes to plan, we will form the new group on 1 October 2018.