Anti-Social Behaviour

Fortis Living takes anti-social behaviour very seriously. All customers have the right to enjoy their homes and live their lives without interference. They also have a responsibility to respect other people that live, work or visit the local area. In addition to their personal responsibility towards others, our tenancy agreements stipulate that a customer is responsible not only for their own behaviour but also for the behaviour of anyone living with them or visiting them.

What Can I Do About ASB?

You need to make sure you record as much information as possible about the ASB incident and contact us with the details.

We cannot take action against someone just on the basis that another person has complained about them – we need evidence. We may ask you to complete an incident diary to record the incidents that you see and hear.  We may need to speak with other people who may have also experienced the same problem – your family and neighbours for example – and in some instances the action plan may recommend involving other agencies like the police of social services.  We treat all reports, including anonymous reports, very seriously and we will not divulge the identity of anyone reporting to us without their agreement.

Report Hate Crime

Hate crime is defined as any criminal offence which is perceived, by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by hostility or prejudice based on religion, ethnic origin, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity. Local police encourage people to report all incidents based on personal characteristics as they also fall under this broad category.

To report hate crime, call 999 in emergency situations and 101 for non-emergency cases. To report online go

For more information please visit

Examples Of ASB

  • Hate crimes – including racial and homophobic harassment
  • Harassment (other forms)
  • Criminal behaviour
  • Drugs
  • Alcohol and solvent misuse
  • Intimidation
  • Verbal abuse
  • Noise
  • Domestic violence and abuse
  • Nuisance from pets and animals
  • Vandalism and damage to property
  • Nuisance from vehicles  
  • Boundary disputes
  • Nuisance from business use
  • Misuse of communal areas.

How To Report Anti-Social Behaviour

Call Us 0330 123 0700


You can also contact Crimestoppers to report criminal activity on 0800 555 111

Reporting noise in Herefordshire

From Friday 7th July until the end of August, Herefordshire Council will be running an out of hours service on Friday and Saturday nights between 21:00 to 02:00 for people wishing to report excessive noise. They will be available to investigate:

  • loud music from domestic premises, licensed premises and events
  • alarms
  • noise from stationary vehicles
  • machinery or equipment noise emanating from a premises
  • dog barking noise complaints

You can contact the team on  01432 261 761 and leave details of the noise and how it is affecting you. The team may want to visit you to monitor the noise and this may be used if formal action is considered.

For more information visit the Herefordshire Council website.