Droitwich residents are being encouraged to step into fitness in the town this autumn.
The sessions are open to everyone.
One of the main attractions to the classes, according to our Health and Wellbeing Co-ordinator Caroline Winnall is the cost. She said : “At just £2 per session, these classes are affordable to many who are restricted in taking part in other exercise classes which can be prohibitively expensive. We purposely subsidise them so that everyone in the community – not just Fortis Living customers – can get involved.
”With mental health at the forefront of many organisations agendas, it is well known that physical activity has a huge potential to enhance our wellbeing. Participating in regular physical activity can also increase our self-esteem and reduce stress and anxiety. All our classes are fun, supportive and inclusive and take place in the centre of our communities.”
The exercise programmes are as follows :
- Clubbercise – every Monday, 9.30am to 10.20am at Westlands Community Hall with Lisa Cannon;
- Walking for Health – free of charge, every Wednesday, 9.15am meeting at WANDS Children’s Centre; contact Liz Jauncey on 07805 909201;
- Zumba – every Wednesday, 6.30pm to 7.15pm at Westlands Community Hall with Stella;
- Seated yoga – every Thursday, 10.30am to 11.15pm at The Heriotts with Fiona from Duke Yoga;
- Walking for Heath - free of charge, every Thursday, respiratory walk at 1.00pm or park walk for the over 50s at 3.00pm meeting at Rotary House, Corbett Avenue for both walks; contact Liz Janucey on 07805 909201;
No booking is required; comfortable clothes and a bottle of water are the only requirements.